Student Guardian Visa 590 is applicable for parents or guardians who wish to stay in Australia with international students who are less than 18 years old.
How do I get Student Guardian Visa 590?
To be eligible for Student Guardian Visa 590, you must be:
- A parent or person with custody of the student, or
- A relative, at least 21 or older, with written nomination by a parent or custodian of the student.
- Able to provide accommodation to the student.
- Financially able to support yourself and any dependants accompanying you.
- Equipped with sufficient health insurance for you and any dependants accompanying you.
- Willing to live in Australia only temporarily.
Are there any other conditions?
You must meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements, and not have any financial debts to the government. If there are any debts, you are required to make arrangements to repay it before applying for the visa.
Furthermore, you should not bring family members younger than six years of age, except under certain circumstances.
If you are applying in Australia, you must hold an existing substantive temporary visa.
How do I apply for Student Guardian Visa 590?
You must apply online for this visa, from anywhere. Furthermore, you can apply:
- At the same time as the student, or
- After the student has applied, or
- After the student has been granted their visa.
For more pointers on how to lodge a guaranteed visa application, get in touch with eduaid – specialists in migration to Australia!
What are the features and benefits of Student Guardian Visa 590?
The Student Guardian Visa 590 lets you:
- Stay in Australia for as long the student’s stay, or until the student turns 18.
- Care for more than one student.
- Enjoy all the benefits of the Australian way of life.