Who is this Non-contributory Aged Parent Permanent visa Subclass 804 for?
The Non-contributory Aged Parent Permanent visa Subclass 804 allows parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to reside in Australia permanently.
How do I get Non-contributory Aged Parent Permanent visa Subclass 804 visa?
- You must have a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You must be sponsored by your child, who should be 18 or older.
- You should be old enough to be eligible for an Age Pension in Australia.
- You must meet the balance-of-family test, i.e.:
- At least half of your children must be permanent residents in Australia, or
- More of your children must live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
- You must be able to get an Assurance of Support.
Are there any other conditions?
You must meet the health and character requirements. You must also not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, and have arranged to repay any such debts (if any) to be eligible for the visa.
Sponsors can sponsor more than one parent for the Aged Parent visa (subclass 804).
Note that your visa application might be considered ineligible if you have had a visa cancelled or refused at any previous time while you were in Australia.
What is the application process?
You must hold a valid passport to be granted this Non-contributory Aged Parent Permanent visa Subclass 804. You should lodge your visa application from within Australia, and remain so when the decision is made about your visa application.
You need to complete Form 47 PA – Application for a Parent to Migrate to Australia, while your sponsor needs to complete Form 40 – Sponsorship for Migration to Australia.
After the completion of all necessary paperwork and payment of the visa application charges, you can send your application to the Perth office in Western Australia by post or courier.
For further info or help regarding this, contact eduaid.
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
- This is a permanent visa, and allows you to live in Australia permanently.
- It lets you work and study in Australia.
- You can reap the benefits of Medicare – Australia’s national scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency.
- You can also apply for the Australian citizenship, depending on eligibility.
- You can enter or exit Australia as many times as you wish for up to five years.
- You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your visa application.
Family members who are granted this Non-contributory Aged Parent Permanent visa Subclass 804 will enjoy the same benefits, and have the same rights and obligations, as you.