Who is Distinguished Talent Visa for?
This visa is applicable for those individuals who are perceived internationally for extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment which includes the arts, academia and research, a profession or a sport.
How do I get Distinguished Talent Visa?
In order to get this visa,
- You must be able to demonstrate extraordinary and remarkable achievements superior to others in your field.
- Your record of achievements must be sustainable in the future.
- You need to show that you are an asset to the Australian community, economy, society, and culture.
- You must have a sponsorship from an Australian University if you applying under the category of academia and research.
- You must be nominated by a well-known and recognised organisation or individual who is a citizen of Australia, or a citizen of New Zealand.
- You are required to have the necessary qualifications and/or awards which you have received from institutions that are internationally recognised.
Are there any other conditions?
- You must be in Australia when you are applying for the visa.
- You are required to fulfil the English Language requirements.
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
- You should not have any debts to the government of Australia.
- You will not receive the visa is you are holder of any of the following visa types:
- Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)
- Maritime Crew Visa (Subclass 988)
- Superyacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Temporary Work visa (Subclass 400)
- Tourist visa (Subclass 676)
- E-Visitor (Subclass 651)
- Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
- Special purpose visa
- Business (Short Stay) visa (Subclass 456)
How do I apply for this visa?
You must be present in Australia when you apply for this visa. You need to fill out the relevant visa forms, include all necessary paperwork and pay the application charge before lodging your visa
application at the Adelaide office in South Australia. eduaid can assist you further in this regard.
What are the features and benefits of Distinguished Talent Visa?
- This is a permanent visa and grants you residence in Australia for an indefinite amount of time.
- You can apply for citizenship in Australia.
- You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia.
- You can work and study in Australia.
- You can enrol in Australia’s Medicare health scheme.
- You will be allowed to travel freely for five years to and from Australia from the day your visa is issued.