Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)

Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)

Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)

Who is Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) for?

The Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is a temporary visa. It allows a child to travel to and from, and stay in Australia until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is confirmed.

How do I get Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)?

This visa has several requirements for the applying child, who must be:

  • The dependent child of a parent holding a temporary Partner visa or a Dependent Child visa.
  • Sponsored by the same person sponsoring their parent with minimal exceptions.
  • Single.
  • Able to meet the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
  • Clear of any outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any debts there might be.

Are there any other conditions?

Usually, for the visa to be issued, the applying child must be younger than 18. If not, they:

  • Must be financially dependent on the parent who holds the temporary Partner visa.
  • Must be unable to work due to physical and mental disabilities.

On the parents’ part, one of them must hold either the Temporary Partner visa (subclass 309 or subclass 820) or the Dependent Child visa (subclass 445).

What is the application process?

Typically, the parent must lodge the visa application on behalf of the child. However, this is not set in stone. Either the child or their sponsor must complete and submit Form 918 – Application for an Extended Eligibility visa.

If applying from outside Australia, the applicant must deliver the application to the nearest Australian visa office. If applying from within Australia, then the form can be posted or sent by courier to the Perth Office in Western Australia.

Eduaid can provide you with the best assistance in lodging your visa application, and take care of all the formalities!

What are the features and benefits of Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)?

The Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is a temporary visa, and lets the child:

  • Travel to and from, or stay in Australia with their parents until a decision is made on their parents’ permanent visa application.
  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Enrol in, and enjoy the benefits of, Medicare.
  • Include their dependent children in the visa application.