Who is this Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (Subclass 884)?
The Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (Subclass 884) allows parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand resident to live in Australia temporarily.
How can I apply for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (Subclass 884)?
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Be sponsored by your child, who must be 18 or older.
- Be at the age threshold of the Age Pension in Australia.
- Meet the balance-of-family test:
- At least half of your children must live permanently in Australia, or
- More of your children must live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
- Meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.
- Have repaid, or arranged to repay, any outstanding debts you might have to the Australian government.
Are there any other conditions?
You cannot extend or reapply for this visa. Instead, if successfully granted this visa, you can go on to apply for the Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) to live permanently in Australia.
You might be considered ineligible for this visa if you had a visa previously refused or cancelled while in Australia.
What is the application process?
To apply, it is not set in stone for you to hold a valid passport; a recent passport will be good enough. However, you MUST have a valid passport in order to be granted the visa. You need to complete Form 47PA – Application for a Parent to Migrate to Australia, while your sponsor needs to fill out Form 40 – Sponsorship for Migration to Australia. You must provide all the necessary documents when you lodge your application, which you can then send to the Perth office in Western Australia by post or courier.
For more information on visa application processes and visa types, contact Eduaid – pace-setters when it comes to providing top-class immigration services.
What are the features and benefits of Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (Subclass 884)?
This is a temporary visa, and lasts for two years. It also allows you to:
- Work and study in Australia.
- Enrol in Medicare – Australia’s national healthcare-related scheme.
- Travel as you like to and from Australia for two years from the date the visa is issued.
- Apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864).
- Include your partner and child/step-child in your visa application.
Family members who are granted this visa alongside you will have the same rights, obligations, and benefits as you.