Child visa (subclass 101)

Child visa (subclass 101)

Child visa (subclass 101)

Who is Child visa (subclass 101) for?

The Child visa (subclass 101) allows a child, who lives outside Australia, to arrive and live in Australia permanently with their parent.

How do I get Child visa (subclass 101)?

To be eligible for this visa, the child must be:

  • Sponsored by their parent or parent’s partner.
  • Single.
  • Younger than 18 years old, or:
  • A full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
  • 18 or older with an inability to work due to a disorder
  • Able to meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.
  • Clear of any outstanding debts to the Australian government.

Are there any other conditions?

The sponsoring parent must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

The child can include their dependent children in their visa application.

If the child is adopted, the adoption must have been completed before their sponsoring parent became an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Any debts to the Australian government must be repaid.

How do I apply for Child visa (subclass 101) ?

Either the child or sponsor should complete Form 47 CH – Application for Migration to Australia by a Child and Form 40 CH – Sponsorship for a Child to Migrate to Australia. Both completed forms then should be lodged together to one of the immigration offices outside Australia. The child must be outside Australia when the visa application is submitted, and when the decision is made.

You can contact Eduaid for more assistance in this regard!

What are the features and benefits of Child visa (subclass 101)?

The child must comply with all Australian laws and visa conditions, such as entering Australia by a set date, and not getting married or into a de facto relationship before arriving in Australia. It also allows the child to:

  • Travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely.
  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Enjoy the benefits of Australia’s national healthcare scheme, Medicare.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship.
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
  • Enter and exit Australia for five years, starting from the day the visa is granted.