Who is this Carer Visa (subclass 116)?
The Carer visa (subclass 116) is a permanent visa which allows the person granted to provide care and assistance to a relative or family member suffering from a lasting or long-term medical condition in Australia.
How can I apply for Carer Visa (subclass 116)?
To apply for this visa:
- Your primary reason for moving to Australia should be to care for a relative suffering from a permanent or long-term medical condition or to assist a relative providing this care to a family member in Australia.
- Your relative must be unable to find the proper care and assistance from any other relative in Australia, or local hospital, welfare, or nursing community services.
- Your relative or their partner must sponsor you.
- You must be willing to provide substantial and continuing assistance to your relative.
- You should fully understand what kind of care your relative needs.
- You must meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.
- You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any you might have before this visa can be granted.
Are there any other conditions?
Your relative who needs care must have their medical condition assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services as being one which renders them unable to tend to their daily routines without assistance.
If you are above 18, you must sign an Australian Values Statement to confirm you will obey all Australian laws while in Australia, and that you will respect the Australian way of life.
Also, if you are applying for this visa to assist a relative care for their family member, then your relative and the family member being cared for must live in the same house.
Your sponsor must also agree to support you for two years after your arrival in Australia.
You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another Australian visa with a ‘No further stay’ condition.
What is the application process?
You must lodge your visa application from outside Australia, and should remain outside when your visa is granted. You need to have a valid passport to be given this visa. You should provide the necessary documents to the Perth Visa and Citizenship Office, which you can do via post.
You are also required to pay the first instalment of the visa application charge when you first lodge your visa application.
Eduaid can assist you further with the successful gentlemen of your visa application!
What are the features and benefits of Carer Visa (subclass 116)?
The Carer visa (subclass 116) is a permanent visa and lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. It also allows you to:
- Stay in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Apply for Australian citizenship if you are eligible.
- Travel freely to and from Australia for five years starting from the date your visa is issued.
- Include your partner and child/step-child in your visa application.