The Bridging Visa B – BVB 020 is a temporary visa which lets you travel to and from Australia while you are awaiting a decision on your new substantive visa application.
How do I get Bridging Visa B – BVB 020?
To be granted a BVB, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be in Australia.
- You must already hold a Bridging Visa A (BVA) or a BVB.
- You must have applied for a new substantive visa that can be granted to you while you are in Australia.
- You have a compelling need to exit Australia and then return again while your substantive visa application is being processed.
Are there any other conditions?
Ideally, you should apply for a BVB no more than three months, and no less than two weeks, before the date on which you have to travel.
Moreover, you and anyone else you include in your application must be present in Australia when the BVB application is lodged, and when the visa is granted.
How do I apply for Bridging Visa B – BVB 020?
You can apply for this visa online, as well as by post or courier. For the latter, you need to complete Form 1006 – Application for a Bridging Visa B, and send it along with all other necessary documents to the Australian office where your substantive visa application is being processed.
You can contact eduaid for more information and assistance regarding the application process.
What are the features and benefits of Bridging Visa B – BVB 020?
The BVB allows you to leave Australia and then return to the country once again while you await a decision on your new substantive visa application. It also lets you remain lawfully in Australia during this period.
A BVB ends immediately when any one of the following occurs:
- You are granted the substantive visa you applied for.
- You are granted another Bridging visa.
- Your BVB or substantive visa that you held previously gets cancelled.
- You fail to return to Australia within the specified travel period.
- You leave Australia after the specified travel period ends.