Looking to immigrate to Canada? With the help of eduaid, you can do so easily! To help you get to know the country better, here are 10 fun facts about Canada!
1. Canada is the second-largest country in the world
With an area of 9.985 million km², Canada stands in the second position after Russia in terms of the total area!
2. Canada has the fourth-lowest population density in the world
Despite being the second-largest country in the world, Canada has the fourth-lowest population density, with only three people living per square kilometre!
3. Approximately 60% of all lakes in the world are situated in Canada
With 31,752 major lakes as reported by the Government of Canada, the country is also home to four of the five great lakes in the world!
4. 99% of the Canadian population is literate
Canada has a high number of educated people, with more than half of the population being college degree holders!
5. Canada possesses the largest coastline in the world
Canada’s coastline extends up to 202,080 km. This distance is so long that it will take more than 25 years to cross even if you walk 12 miles per day!
6. Canada is home to some of the most famous celebrities
Some of the biggest celebrities in the world are Canadians, including Shawn Mendes, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, Jim Carrey, Bryan Adams, Drake and Justin Bieber!
7. There are two official languages
Under the Official Languages Act of 1969, two languages have official federal status in Canada – English and French! In fact, Montreal is the second-largest French speaking city in the world, after Paris!
8. Canada has one-tenth of the world’s forests
With half of the country being covered in forests, there is no shortage of greenery or wildlife in the country!
9. Canadians love maple syrup
With a maple leaf on the Canadian flag, it is next to impossible to find a Canadian who does not love maple syrup!
10. The license plates are polar bear shaped
Canadian Northwest Territories have polar bear shaped vehicle license plates, which are a whole new level of cool! In fact, the license plates were awarded the “Plate of the Year” award after being introduced in 1970!