Skilled Migration Visas to New Zealand
Skilled migration to New Zealand is gaining momentum every passing day. In order to apply for skilled migration to New Zealand, you need to know about the basics of the different skilled visas to the country. In this article, we explore the different skilled migration visas to New Zealand you can apply for.
Working Holiday Visa
This is a temporary stay visa in New Zealand. You can spend a holiday in the country and enjoy some local work for any employer, which will make your holiday both enjoyable and productive!
- The duration of this visa can last up to 12 months;
- You must be aged between 18-30 years, or 18-35 (depending on your citizenship);
- You do not need to have a full-time job for this visa;
- This visa is applicable only for you, and no other family members;
- You can apply online for this visa.
The entire visa application process – from lodging to getting a decision – takes approximately 20 days, and costs NZD 245.
Essential Skills Visa
This visa type is also a temporary skilled migration visa. It ties you to a specific employer for the duration of your stay in the country.
- This visa grants you up to 5 years of stay in New Zealand;
- There is no age limit for this visa;
- You are required to have a full-time job, as the visa is issued for a specific job;
- Your partner and children can apply for separate visas;
- You can apply online for this visa;
- You can have access to subsidized healthcare on visas with a validity period of at least two years;
- Your children can enjoy primary and secondary education on domestic student fees and tertiary education on international student fees.
The Essential Skills visa can also be applied for and obtained online. Processing time is approximately three months and costs NZD 495.
Work to Residence Visas
This group of visas allows you to apply for permanent residency in New Zealand after living and working in the country for two years.
- Visa duration is 30 months;
- You must be aged 55 years or less;
- You are required to have a full-time job, either from an accredited New Zealand employer or in an occupation listed on the Long-Term Skill Shortage List;
- Minimum salary requirements are NZD 79,560 from an accredited employer;
- Your partner and children can apply for this visa separately;
- You can enjoy subsidized healthcare;
- Your children can avail primary and secondary education on domestic student fees and tertiary education on international student fees.
The application process for this visa is also entirely digitized, and processing time takes approximately 2-4 months. Processing fees amount to NZD 635.
Skilled Migrant Visa
This is a permanent residence visa in New Zealand and lets you live in the country indefinitely.
- This visa lets you live and work in New Zealand permanently;
- You must be aged 55 years or less to be eligible to apply;
- A full-time job is usually required, as it is worth a significant amount of points on the points test;
- Salary requirements are at least NZD 25 per hour for ANZSCO 1-3 occupations, and at least NZD 37.50 per hour for ANZSCO 4-5 occupations;
- You can include your family members in your visa application;
- You must submit a completed Expression of Interest (EOI) online during your visa application process;
- You will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) after your EOI is assessed;
- You can enjoy subsidized healthcare;
- Your children can avail primary, secondary and tertiary education on domestic student fees.
As it is a permanent residence visa, you must submit an Expression of Interest, after which you will be issued an Invitation to Apply. As with the other visa categories, this entire process can also be completed online. Submitting the EOI will cost you NZD 530, and the visa application a further NZD 2,710. The EOI will be assessed within three weeks of pool selection, after which you will have four months to apply for the visa. Your visa decision will be delivered within 11 months.
Whichever type of skilled migration visa you choose to apply for, eduaid will be one of the best places to start! Our migration agents are registered with New Zealand’s Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) and can help you with all the formalities of preparing and submitting your visa application! We will be with you every step of the way and take care of all the formalities, allowing you to relax, pack your bags and be on your way to New Zealand without any worries! Head over to our offices, or give us a call for more information!