Child visa (subclass 802)

Child visa (subclass 802)

Child visa (subclass 802)

Who is Child visa (subclass 802) for?

The Child visa (subclass 802) is a permanent visa which lets a child stay in Australia indefinitely.

How do I apply for Child visa (subclass 802)?

There are several conditions for a child to qualify for this visa. He or she must be sponsored by their parent or parent’s partner and must be single.

The child must also meet one of the following conditions:

  • Be younger than 18 years of age and not be adopted.
  • If the child is adopted, he or she must have been under 18 at the time of adoption.
  • He or she must be a full-time student between 18 and 25 years old, or
  • Must be 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability.
  • The child must be dependent on the sponsoring parent.

Are there any other conditions?

The sponsoring parent must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

The child must meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements. He or she must also not have any outstanding debts to the government, and have arranged to repay any debts there might be.

The sponsoring parent can apply for this visa on behalf of the child.

What is the application process?

The child must be in Australia both when the visa application is lodged and when the visa is issued. After gathering the necessary documents, the child (or their sponsor, on their behalf) should complete Form 47 CH – Application for Migration to Australia by a Child.

The sponsor, on their part, should complete Form 40 CH – Sponsorship for a Child to Migrate to Australia. You can post or courier the visa application to the Perth Office in Western Australia.

Contact Eduaid for the best assistance when it comes to immigration services, and lodging a successful visa application.

What are the features and benefits of Child visa (subclass 802)?

The Child visa (subclass 802) is a permanent visa and grants the child permanent residence in Australia. It also lets him or her to:

  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Enrol in Medicare – Australia’s national healthcare related scheme.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship.
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia.
  • Travel freely to and from Australia for five years, starting from the day the visa is granted.