Migration & visa related news
International students will be eligible for 5 additional points towards their point test if they have earned a degree in one of these 21 subjects in Australia.
November 4, 2016 International students will be eligible for 5 additional points towards their point test if they have earned a degree in one of these 21 subjects in Australia. The recent changes made to the points test will enhance the pathway to permanent residence for students who have completed Doctoral or Masters by research-level qualifications in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) or specified information and communication technology (ICT) related fields in Australia.
The following fields of education qualifications are proposed to be accepted under this new measure and are defined by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS):
Field of Education:
1. Biological Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3. Earth Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Natural and Physical Sciences
6. Other Natural and Physical Sciences
7. Physics and Astronomy
8. Computer Science
9. Information Systems
10. Information Technology
11. Other Information Technology
12. Aerospace Engineering and Technology
13. Civil Engineering
14. Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology
15. Engineering and Related Technologies
16. Geomatic Engineering
17. Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
18. Maritime Engineering and Technology
19. Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Technology
20. Other Engineering and Related Technologies
21. Process and Resources Engineering.
Graduates who want to determine whether their qualification is eligible are able to search the CRICOS website.
If their qualification is at Doctorate or Masters by research-level and their field of education is listed in the above table then they will be eligible for five additional points towards their points test.
Interested in studying or migrating to Australia?
• Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for Eligibility Assessment for Study in an Australian institute
• Send Resume to email@example.com for Eligibility Assessment if you are interested for Skilled Migration
[eduaid Newsdesk, Source: Click here to view the news]
Level 2 Riverside Quay
1 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank
T: +61 3 9982 4458
Level 57, MLC Centre
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney
T: +61 2 9238 6352
M: +61 (0) 401 224 465
+61 (0) 412 586 958
House 66-A (1st Floor), Road 8/A, Dhanmondi
T: +88 (02) 9110246
M: +88017 3333 2267 - 72